Scholarships were established, with the support of Washington State Behavioral Health and Service Integration Administration, to encourage and support participation by professionals who have applied to become a Washington State certified gambling counselor and hold a current certificate or license issued by the State of Washington to provide mental health or chemical dependency treatment services to the public. Treatment providers not eligible for problem gambling counselor certification may still be eligible for scholarships, depending on funding available. Scholarships are also available for those who are peer coach/recovery coach candidates and students/professors/counselors in college and university behavioral health, addictions, and counseling programs.
Treatment providers with certification applications on file by October 20, 2017, are eligible. A limited number of professional development scholarships are available (total value up to $685) that will include:
- Registration for up to four days (October 29-November 1)
- Washington State Gambling Certification application fee (for those who have not yet applied)
- ECPG membership, if not already a member (for Peer/Recovery Coaches)
- Hotel stipend of $50 per night, up to three nights, for any scholarship recipient who books his/her room at the Great Wolf Lodge®. Additional lodging costs, meals, and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee.
Professional development scholarship applicants MUST:
- Download the conference registration form and FAX or e-mail to ECPG (scholarship applicants cannot register online). Conference registration MUST be sent in with scholarship application.
- Be a current ECPG member. Visit www.evergreencpg.org/Membership or fill out the membership form included with the scholarship application.
In addition, Treatment Providers must:
- Have a completed Washington State problem gambling counselor certification application on file with ECPG by October 20, 2017, which is available at www.evergreencpg.org under Training, and hold a current certificate or license issued by the State of Washington to provide mental health or chemical dependency treatment services to the public.
Peer Recovery Coaches must:
- Provide proof of successful completion of a Recovery Coach Academy® Training with a copy of the signed and dated Certificate, or a signed and dated Certificate from another SAMHSA-approved Peer Recovery Coach Program.
- Include a Teacher/Professor Recommendation Form.
COMMITMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All scholarship recipients who accept a Professional Development Scholarship from the Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling must make a commitment to attend all sessions on all days for which a scholarship is awarded. If a scholarship recipient is not able to attend all sessions on all days for which a scholarship is awarded, ECPG must receive advance notification and the scholarship may be retracted if deemed appropriate. If advance notification is not offered, the scholarship recipient may risk eligibility for any future scholarship awards.
Completed scholarship application form and supporting documentation – with a completed conference registration form – must be postmarked by October 20, 2017. Applications received after this date will be considered only if funding is available. Professional Development Scholarship recipients will be notified by October 25, 2017.
Funding for scholarships provided by DBHR/BHSIA