Scholarships were established, with the support of Washington State Behavioral Health and Service Integration Administration, to encourage and support participation by professionals who have applied to become a Washington State certified gambling counselor and hold a current certificate or license issued by the State of Washington to provide mental health or chemical dependency treatment services to the public. Treatment providers not eligible for problem gambling counselor certification may still be eligible for scholarships, depending on funding available.
Treatment providers with certification applications on file by September 5, 2016, are eligible. A limited number of professional development scholarships are available (total value up to $635) that will include:
- Registration for up to four days (September 12-15)
- Washington State Gambling Certification application fee (for those who have not yet applied)
- Hotel stipend of $50 per night, up to three nights, for any scholarship recipient who books his/her room at the Clearwater Casino Resort. Additional lodging costs, meals, and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee.
Professional development scholarship applicants MUST:
- Download the conference registration form and FAX or e-mail to ECPG (scholarship applicants cannot register online). Conference registration MUST be sent in with scholarship application.
- Have a completed Washington State problem gambling counselor certification application on file with ECPG by September 5, 2016, which is available at www.evergreencpg.org under Training. All scholarship recipients must commit to completing the Washington State problem gambling counselor certification requirements within two years of certification application.
- Hold a current certificate or license issued by the State of Washington to provide mental health or chemical dependency treatment services to the public.
- Be a current ECPG member. Visit www.evergreencpg.org/Membership or fill out the membership form included with the scholarship application.
- Complete Daily Evaluation Forms during the conference, which must be signed and returned at the close of each day.
COMMITMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All scholarship recipients who accept a Professional Development Scholarship from the Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling must make a commitment to attend all sessions on all days for which a scholarship is awarded. If a scholarship recipient is not able to attend all sessions on all days for which a scholarship is awarded, ECPG must receive advance notification and the scholarship may be retracted if deemed appropriate. If advance notification is not offered, the scholarship recipient may risk eligibility for any future scholarship awards.
Completed scholarship application form and supporting documentation – with a completed conference registration form – must be postmarked by September 5, 2016. Applications received after this date will be considered only if funding is available. Professional Development Scholarship recipients will be notified by September 9, 2016.
Click here to download the scholarship application form.
Funding for scholarships provided by DBHR/BHSIA